Let's Get You Started...
How do I install an Action?
- Locate where the action is downloaded.
- Double click on the action to “install” the action.
- Go to Photoshop, then ensure your Action panel is open by going to the Window menu, and then ensure Actions is checked.
- The action will now appear at the bottom on the list of actions. In case you have a lot of previously installed actions, scroll down on the entire list to see it. It will be in a folder called “*Name of the action* by onlythecurious”.
How do I run an action?
- Make sure the image you want to use the action on is open in Photoshop.
- Make sure you have your Actions panel open. It is located under the Window menu, and then ensure Actions is checked.
- Click on the action that you would like to run. Make sure it’s not the folder, but the action within the folder. If you did it correctly, the “Play” icon at the bottom of the actions palette will now be in a dark grey colour.
- Hit the “Play” button and it will run the action.
- It will now add a folder to the top of your image, which contains all the color adjustments applied non-destructively to the image.
- We encourage you to change the opacities and amend the adjustment layers within to suit your image.
How do I customize an action?
- Once your action has run, the layer names may include certain instructions such as masking certain parts of the image, for example, the skin.
- You can adjust the opacity of the folder or the individual layers.
- Feel free to turn layers on and off to explore the different colour combinations on your image.
- Amend the adjustment layers to explore various color tones on your pictures.
I haven't received an email.
If you haven't recived an email, please check the spam/ junk folder just in case. We recommend adding email@example.com to your email contacts or allow-list to ensure that you always get our emails in your inbox.
What is your refund policy?
We do not offer any refunds but we’ll gladly do our best to help should any problems arises with installation.
Where can I find my previous purchases?
To regain access to your previously purchased products on The Color Lab or Fine Art Actions, simply sign up for onlythecurious using the same email address as the previous websites.
You will be prompted to create a new password during the registration process, and once you have successfully logged in, you should be able to see all your past purchases in your account
What are Photoshop Actions?
Photoshop Actions are installable effects for Adobe Photoshop that can quickly and professionally improve your photo with the click of a button.
Here at onlythecurious we’ve created handcrafted colors palettes that are designed to apply a beautiful set of tones on your photos with just one click!
I’m new to Photoshop, can I still use your presets?
Absolutely! Our actions and presets are designed to help those with little editing knowledge to achieve striking and storytelling colours with just one click.
Can I transfer my presets to another computer?
Yes you can! Once you receive your presets via the download link after purchase, it is highly recommended that you save them onto an external hard drive where they can be safely stored.
What version of Photoshop do I need to use the action? Will it work in any language?
Our actions are designed to work on Photoshop CC. Using any version below that will not function as they are missing certain adjustment layers. These actions are designed to work with any language as well.
Will your actions work for Lightroom and Adobe Elements?
Our Photoshop actions are strictly for Adobe Photoshop CC and it will not work at present on another program.
Are your actions compatible on Mac & PC?
Yes! Our actions are compatible with both Mac and PC.
About Digital Backdrops
What are digital backdrops?
Our digital backdrops are curated images that provide a convenient and creative way to enhance your photography. They are designed to replace the real background behind a person or object. We recommend using Photoshop for a seamless finish.
You can use them to create a mood or add another storytelling component to your studio photography.
Can I use them commercially?
Unless otherwise stated, yes you can use our digital backdrops for your commercial projects.
How do I contribute to onlythecurious?
Although most of our content is born in-house, we’re always looking for contributors to write about what they're most passionate about. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Do you collaborate with brands?
We do! If you’re a brand interested in collaborating, please contact us at email@example.com